Home education MINTEK Bursary programme 2023

MINTEK Bursary programme 2023


MINTEK Bursary programme 2023

MINTEK Bursary programme 2023

MINTEK Bursary programme 2023

\”Mintek\’s Undergraduate and Postgraduate Bursary Programs are instrumental in ensuring that the most talented, well-trained, and highly skilled technical individuals have the opportunity to pursue further education.\”


  • 31st July 2023




  • South Africa


Currently enrolled at a university, pursuing any of the specified degrees, with an overall average of 60% and no failed courses or subjects.

• Must be a South African citizen.

• Should fulfill university entry requirements and gain acceptance at a recognized South African university for full-time studies.

Fields of Study:

Mintek expresses particular interest in students pursuing or intending to pursue undergraduate degrees, honors degrees, or B.Tech diplomas in the following fields:

  • Chemistry (Analytical or Geochemistry)
  • Chemical Engineering (Minerals Processing option)
  • Electrical Engineering (Process Control Systems or Electronics)
  • Geology (majoring in Mineralogy, Petrology, Applied Geology, or Economic Geology)
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Mining Engineering
  • Physical Metallurgy / Materials Science
  • Physics

Bursary Coverage:

  • Full coverage of registration, tuition, residence, and meal fees (or the equivalent for private accommodation), along with an annual allowance of R15,000.
  • The bursary is granted for the duration of the prescribed course, contingent upon the bursar passing registered subjects and adhering to the terms of the Mintek bursary contract.


Completed application forms with supporting documentation must be submitted to Mintek’s Academic Liaison Officer as follows:

Via post: Mintek Bursary Office, Private Bag X3015, Randburg 2125 or Fax: 011 709 4465 Email: bursaries@mintek.co.za

Required Documents

  • Curriculum vitae
  • Certified copy of proof of identity (ID or passport)

• Certified copies of Matric certificate and official university transcripts, certificates, or registration documents